FPConnectionBoard is an email list that gives Arlington First Parish parishioners an opportunity to meet new friends with similar interests and to give and receive help.
- Do you want to CONNECT with people at First Parish who share similar interests? (e.g. book group, tennis partner, borrow camping equipment)
- Do you need HELP with a “small need”? (e.g. take out an air conditioner, ride when your car is in the shop)
- Do you have unneeded items you’d rather OFFER than throw away?(e.g. furniture, sporting equipment, crutches)
How to Join
- If you have a Google account, you can request to join directly through Google Groups. To begin, go here (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fpconnectionboard) to join. You will be asked to identify something that is done at every First Parish worship service, so that only members of our community can join this group. Within a couple days, a moderator will approve your request.
- Alternatively, you may join the group by emailing the moderators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After joining, to send an email to the group, simply send an email to fpConnectionBoard@googlegroups.com.
Please note: when posting to the connection board, many people have commented that they don’t receive back a copy of their own email. If you have a google account, you can view the group’s messages on the Web at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fpconnectionboard.
Those signed up for the First Parish e-Bulletin are eligible to join. You do not need a Google account, however if your email address is connected to a Google account, you may view this list on the Web as well as through regular email.
- This is not a discussion group.
- In general, announcements are not permitted. However, at the beginning of covid, it was decided to allow announcements relating to First Parish events.
- Political messages and sponsorships are not permitted.
- Posts offering items must be for FREE items. However, posts offering to pay for services received (e.g. dog sitter, snow shoveling) ARE permitted.
- Posts asking for recommendations (babysitter, painter, vacation info) are permitted.
- This is not a way to initiate a Lay Ministry request. For Lay Ministry requests, please email email@example.com
- Reply to the original poster only, not the entire group.
- If want to receive less email, consider changing your email delivery preference to the daily digest. (See below for details on how to do this.)
- Members who do not follow these guidelines will have their posts moderated.
Frequently Asked Questions
The key things to ask yourself before you post: does my post CONNECT people? ask for HELP? Or OFFER items for free? Those are the three main principles. We try to keep the group focused.
More questions? Email the moderators at firstname.lastname@example.org