First Parish in the year 2022 is a community that fully embraces the richness of activity and membership that naturally result from actively living our faith.
- We nourish and celebrate ourexcellent worship and music programs.
- Our vibrant religious education program nurtures our spiritual growth throughout our lives.
- We sustain and grow our shared ministries so each person feels known, connected, and supported.
- We warmly and intentionally welcome newcomers.
- We are actively accessible to people of differing abilities.
- Our membership reflects the diversity of our surrounding communities.
- We are known as a strong voice for Unitarian Universalist values and an advocate for social justice in our local communities and beyond.
- Each person is empowered and supported to engage fully in the life of the church as participants, leaders, and stewards.
- Each person is challenged to live their faith in all aspects of life, to believe, to doubt, to explore, to learn, to seek spiritual growth.
- Our facilities accommodate a wealth of activity with accessible, comfortable, and attractive space.
- Our staffing, governance, and volunteer structures are effective, transparent, and clearly communicated.
—Adopted by the Parish Committee August 8, 2012